General meetimg minutes of last meeting.
Organization > Officers > Secretary Reports
Minnesota Trappers Association
General Meeting Minutes
Draft General Meeting Minutes of August 4, 2018
Membership Meeting called to order at 10:02 A.M.
Vice President welcomes everyone for joining us today.
o Vice Presidento Treasurero Secretaryo District 1 Director and Co-Directoro District 2 Directoro District 3 Co-Directoro District 5 Director and Co-Directoro District 6 Directoro District 7 Director and Co-Directoro Membership Coordinatorso DNR Representativeo Beginner Trapper Connection Coordinatoro Souvenir Coordinatorso Tanned Fur Project Coordinatoro NTA Representativeo FTA Representative
Approval of the January 6th, 2018 Membership Meeting Minutes
· Roger motioned to approve the January 6th, 2018 Membership Meeting Minutes. Tweedy Highland seconded the motion, motion passed.
President Remarks – Vice President
· Don McGaffey motioned to approve the financial statement of June 2018. Tyler Thompson seconded the motion, motion approved.
· One of the Membership Coordinators gave their report on the current number of members, updates, and their position.
· No Report currently.
· No Report currently.
· The DNR Representative gave his report on current events, encouraged people to donate to the tanned fur project, and answered questions for the members.
· The NTA Representative gave his report on events and activities within the NTA.
· The FTA Representative gave his report on current and upcoming events within the organization. Raffle tickets are for sale at the FTA Booth. For more information please contact the FTA Representative.
· The Vice President gave the current report on the raffle currently collected 50,000 tickets.
· The NAFA Representatives gave their report on current fur prices and what they predict will be coming for the next period. The NAFA Representatives presented the Vice President with a check written for $2,000.00.
Trapper Youth Education:
· The Beginner Trapper Connection Coordinator gave his report on the demos and thank you to all the volunteers and sponsors for this program.
· The Vice President presented the Education report, and presented the two $1,000.00 scholarship winners. The winners were Ian Johnson and Leah Schmitt.
Sustaining Donor Program:
· One of the Coordinators for this program had presented an update on this program, 81 patches currently sold, and brought in $2,460.00. For more information on this program please contact either a district director/Co-Director or one of the coordinators for this program.
· Hall of Fame: Bert Highland· MTA Family Award: Dale Jindra Family· MTA President’s Awards
o Tricia Coonso Brian Fischero Mark Melby
· Who’s Who Award: Mark Melby
· Currently none at the time.
· A few MTA members would like to see Facebook Page for the MTA put up to help connect with the younger generation and another way to communicate with the public.
· The 2019 MTA Summer Convention will be in Redwood Falls on August 1st-3rd pending negotiations with fairgrounds.
Dave Curtis motioned to adjourn the membership meeting. Wayne Thompson seconded the motion, motion approved.
Meeting adjourned at 11:17 A.M.